Remembering those who moved on...

Today I found out that a member, and friend, of an order I was once active in, passed on recently.

I felt quite sad to hear of his passing. He seemed to be suffering from some very difficult physical problems.

The thing about Bob that was interesting to me, was something he did soon after I joined his order. One day he took me into the Library, and placed a little book in my hands. A book that looked almost hidden in the library. The book was, The Kybalion. Bob simply told me something to this affect: If you get time, you should check this book out.

It's interesting how each of us can influence others with a simple word, phrase or deed.

It was after I took a break from that order that I read the book. I found it to be an amazing work that really showed the importance of ethics in magick and mysticism. A good grounding plane for those on the path.

Today I'm thinking about all the others who have guided me: Matt, who showed me what it is to be a compassionate magician. Terri who showed me how my fears have harmed my body. Greg for showing me what a fraternity is. Rich, for showing me how sickness is of the mind.

Many more have influenced my life... and I hope I equally influence the lives of others for the better.

0 comments: