Realization of the Sun and Moon

A week ago today, I made an attempt to visit my wife's local church. There on that Sunday I sat in a service and took it all in. I didn't quite agree with the Pastor's feelings on things, as one might expect.

At some point during the service, I began to scry a symbol, mentally as it were. I held the symbol I know all too well in my mind's eye. It is a symbol for my very soul. I believe each of us has one - this one was given to me during an early scrying session when I was a member of the Golden Dawn.

As I entered the world through my mind's eye, I saw a vast landscape of an ocean, and an array of trees... tall trees, with leafy heads and slender bodies.

There I called upon a name that I believe to be my HGA. A name I came across during a session of Enochian evocation. The point here, is that I called upon this spiritual being, and he began to teach me a few things.

One thing he relayed, was that I needed to understand the similarities between the sun and the moon (sol and luna.) At first I was thinking in terms of physics. "They both appear to be the same size to the mortal eye, but they are considerably different in size," things like that.

Then I moved a bit deeper and contemplated what sun and moon represented. Sol is equated to Fire, and Luna to water. Opposites. Yet if we draw the symbol for Fire (triangle pointed upwards) and overlay the symbol for water (triangle pointed downwards) we get the Hexagram - depicting opposing forces in balance.

But it wasn't until last night that the biggest realization occured to me.

I was standing in my garage, smoking a cigar.... and pondering all of this... scrying again... when it hit me.

I was reminded of a Thelemic calendar I recently saw, of my birth day/year. Thelemic calendar's use the astrological bodies of the Sun and Moon in the date. My birthdate equated to:
III:3 Sol 25 degrees in Leo, Luna 18 degrees in Aries.

Both my sun sign and my moon sign are in astrological signs of Fire... Leo and Aries. There lies the true similarity for me. Specifically for me. The sun and the moon are similiar in my own life, due to the astrological signs they resided in upon birth.

2 comments:

  Son of the Light

December 29, 2008 at 8:14 AM

I do love your postings!
Thanks

  Brian

December 29, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Thank you very much